Driven by the growth of mobile computing, smart mobile devices and the proliferation of WiFi connectivity, the public access market continues to be one of the fastest growing segments in networking. According to the most recent research, WiFi enabled devices will see an increase from over 500 million in 2009 to nearly 2 billion by 20141. Complementing this growth in WiFi devices, there are over 310,000 HotSpots deployed worldwide at the end of Q2 20103. WiFi hotspot operators are now reporting significant increases in data traffic, in some case double from 2009, due to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Nomadix-enabled networks allow the mobile users to transparently move between different locations (office/home/on the road) creating a truly ubiquitous Internet while allowing the providers of these networks to monetize this and build profitable, sustainable business models.
Nomadix' products provide key patented and patent pending functionality in the deployment of these networks and can operate in both wired and Wi-Fi networks providing maximum flexibility for the operator and the end user.
Nomadix Featured Product
The Nomadix Internet Traffic Optimizer (NITO) is a powerful and cost-effective appliance designed to give you more from your existing bandwidth. By enabling IT managers to access and review traffic patterns and content usage, the NITO offers visibility and insight for intelligent bandwidth management and allocation. Plus, NITO’s web content filtering and network security protect your network and users.
Offering high speed and minimal latency, this appliance keeps pace with your networking infrastructure to ensure optimum performance. Realize an increased cost savings through maximized use of existing bandwidth, and service more users with higher network traffic demands.
Plus, NITO's web content filtering, network security and multiple link and load balancing features, protect your business, network and users. The combination of these essential services creates a highly effective single point of control, with real time traffic visibility and management.
This enables organizations to make the right decisions about their network and provide the essential tools to avoid the continuous need to purchase more and more and more bandwidth, time after time with no end in sight. As guest Internet networks take the strain of more and more bandwidth hungry smart phones, iPads, laptops and tablets, the NITO is your control point for the network, the guest service and also the costs.
It is quite simply the only complete solution in a single appliance - it even reduces rack space, power consumption and ongoing maintenance costs from having to manage multiple appliances.
Why buy the NITO?
- The NITO solution combines a range of essential tools and services in a high performance, 1U rack mounted appliance:
- Network Security - Advanced firewall services
- Internet/business Service Continuity - Link & Load balancing
- Optimization - Web caching, traffic prioritization, bandwidth management, web content filtering
- Visibility - Real-time graphical network performance analysis and granular reporting services
- The only single appliance solution enabling you to:
- Understand your network behaviour and usage before spending any money on more bandwidth
- Look at what percentage of your bandwidth is being consumed by which applications, websites or services
- Decide which applications, user types or locations are key to your business making money
- Stay compliant & avoid lawsuits - Block illegal websites and content
- Avoid the DMCA notices – Block P2P traffic and illegal file sharing services
- Reduce spending on Internet lines – control your service costs and get off the bandwidth buying wheel
- Load balance multiple Internet lines to maximize bandwidth and value for money
- Buy with confidence from a channel only, global technology leader
- Single point of assistance for sales and technical support
Nomadix Product Families
The Nomadix Service Engine (NSE) addresses the key issues of customer acquisition, provisioning, security and revenue generation faced by Public Access Service Operators (PASO), System Integrators and venue owners when deploying fixed line and WiFi public access networks. The NSE also removes the barriers encountered by end users accessing these networks by providing a Zero Configuration experience when accessing the service.