Our connected world is rapidly changing. It’s a densification evolution and revolution. SOLiD is helping build our wireless future through a portfolio of innovative RF Amplifier, RF Radio and Optical Transport solutions. SOLiD is battle-tested by global wireless operators at some of the world’s best-known venues and densely-populated places.
As a key contributor to the wireless densification evolution, SOLiD Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) empower cellular coverage and capacity at hospitals; sports and entertainment venues; government, university and corporate buildings and campuses; international airports and metropolitan subways; and other high-profile sites.
SOLiD is also advancing the densification revolution through Cloud RAN and next-generation indoor / outdoor solutions that reimagine the wireless network. SOLiD has helped SK Telecom deploy one of the world’s first and largest Cloud RAN networks with our optical fronthaul technology.
From LTE and FirstNet-ready solutions to a portfolio that’s tailored for virtually any project; pre- and post-deployment ingenuity that reduces complexity and risk… SOLiD delivers the advantage to ensure wireless service any time, any place.
We've delivered tens of thousands of DAS units worldwide, all of them providing the best price/power ratio the industry has to offer.
The fact is, SOLiD's high-power output requires less hardware and, therefore, costs less than comparable systems, while delivering superior performance. Our solutions support all public safety and cellular services from 150/450 radio to 2.5TDD, with just one strand of fiber to each remote.
Our unique modular design lets you buy what you need now, and then cost-effectively expand and upgrade your network in the future.
The value continues with features like our rugged, yet compact, remote units that comply with the NFPA and IFC fire codes and NEMA 4 requirements, at no additional cost. Plus, SOLiD's solutions feature the most precise filtering available in DAS systems on the market. This eliminates interference issues and permits simple load balancing among all your cellular services. Combine that with the most up-to-date system management and control software available on the market today, and it becomes clear why SOLiD is considered one of the leading RF systems manufacturers in the world.
It's why the world's biggest service providers, stadiums, subways, and building owners consistently choose SOLiD. SOLiD solutions increase revenue, reduce risk, and improve the customer experience.
The ALLIANCE platform is SOLiD’s multi-operator, neutral host Distributed Antenna System (DAS), which effiently delivers wireless RF signals into buildings, campus environments, stadiums, airports, or any location that is traditionally diffult to cover with outdoor macro wireless networks.
ALLIANCE DAS supports a broadband frequency range from 150MHz to 3GHz to provide coverage for public safety communications, 2-way radio, and commercial wireless service providers.
SOLiD ALLIANCE 1W, 2W, 5W, 20W and 40W DAS systems are built utilizing SOLiD components and amplifers that are engineered to work together seamlessly. This leads to more flexibility with design, deployments that save power and space, and reduces the total cost of ownership.
ALLIANCE eBIU (ENHANCED BASE STATION INTERFACE UNIT)The eBIU is the central input point (head-end) for all signals delivered over the DAS. Each signal input is independently filtered, attenuated, and controlled.
- Integrated Point of Interface (POI) modules for conditioning downlink and uplink signals
- Guaranteed RF Power Control for each input
- Discrete RF inputs per carrier per band
- Utilizes advanced SAW filtering
- Integrated POIs reduce need for external DAS tray
- Modular design decreases complexity and costs
- Add frequency bands without adding equipment
- Stacks easily to decrease expansion costs
ALLIANCE DMS (DAS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)The DMS is the alarming, diagnostic, and control interface for a SOLiD DAS. The DMS provides network intelligence for comprehensive DAS management.
- Web-based real-time DAS status
- Allows remote command & control
- Each DMS can manage sectors
- Alarm notification via SNMP traps
- Programmable dry contacts
- Supports multiple NOCS
- Improved customer service
- Expedites issue resolution
- Eliminates unnecessary truck rolls
- Command and control functionality for remote modifications and support
ALLIANCE ODU (OPTICAL DISTRIBUTION UNIT)The ODU performs RF to optical conversion and transports these signals over long distances while minimizing loss. The ODU is co-located with the BIU from which it receives power and RF communication.
- (1) ODU can drive up to (8) ROU’s or (6) ROU’s and (2) OEU’s
- Optical modules (either 4-port or 1-port) are hot swappable
- Only (1) fiber strand is required to connect each remote
- Expands from (4) to (8) ROU's by adding just (1) optic module
ALLIANCE ROU (REMOTE OPTICAL UNIT)The Remote Optical Unit (ROU) receives signals through an optical interface, distributes those signals to independent amplifiers, then combines the RF into one output port.
- Each ROU location can support (2) to (12) frequency bands
- Available 1W,2W,3W & 20W ROUs can be mixed and matched, and integrated with a common head-end
- 20W remote also supports 40W amplifiers
- Double-locking tamper proof design
- Mounts on wall, 19" rack, indoor or outdoor
- Accommodates SISO / MIMO / Public Safety Configurations
- High output power reduces total number of ROU’s required
- Small footprint and NEMA rating provide fiexibility in equipment placement
- Convection cooling eliminates fans that fail or require maintenance
ALLIANCE OEU (OPTICAL EXPANSION UNIT)The OEU is an optical multiplexing device used to efficiently extend the DAS from one building to many others.
- Each OEU can support up to (8) ROU’s
- A single sector (1 BIU) can support up to (4) OEU’s
- Each OEU requires only (1) ODU port and (1) fiber strand
- Significant reduction in equipment required to serve multiple buildings
- Saves space and power requirements in remote buildings
SOLiD EXPRESS Single-Carrier DAS is engineered to meet the needs of wireless carriers across multiple frequency bands.
EXPRESS single-carrier Distributed Antenna System (DAS) efficiently delivers wireless signals into buildings, campus environments, or any locations that are difficult to cover with traditional outdoor macro networks. EXPRESS is designed for cost-effective deployment, rapid commissioning and simplified management of in-building wireless service to meet the needs of a single wireless provider across multiple frequency bands.
EXPRESS is both flexible and sophisticated to support SISO as well as MIMO configurations. EXPRESS makes efficient use of building fiber - typically using just one fiber to connect a building. And like the ALLIANCE DAS system, SOLiD’s multi-carrier DAS solution, EXPRESS is durable so it can be mounted indoors or outdoors. Plus its small footprint design requires minimal space.
By greatly improving in-building RF coverage, the EXPRESS system allows service providers and enterprise locations to deliver high-quality mobile voice and data services at any site in a building or campus environment. The system can be used to cover both public institutions and private facilities, including:
- Shopping malls
- Corporate and university campus areas
- Multi-use stadiums and convention centers
The Express DAS platform serves two primary market segments: first as a carrier deployed coverage enhancement product for their specific frequencies and second as a low cost, public safety / single carrier product.