About Proxim Wireless
Proxim Wireless Corporation (OTC Markets: PRXM) provides Wi-Fi®, Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint 4G wireless network technologies for wireless internet, video surveillance and backhaul applications. Proxim ORiNOCO® and Tsunami® product lines are sold to service providers, governments and enterprises with over 2 million devices shipped to over 250,000 customers in over 65 countries worldwide. Proxim is ISO 9001-2008 certified.
Regardless of the application, Proxim Wireless end-to-end product portfolio enables partners to custom-build the wireless solution that fits customers' specific needs. There broadband wireless equipment is used by enterprises, service providers, carriers, government entities, educational institutions, healthcare organizations, municipalities and other organizations that need high-performance, secure and scalable broadband wireless solutions.
Proxim Featured Product
Tsunami™ GX-810 is the evolution of Proxim’s Point-to-Point (PtP) licensed microwave product improving performance, reliability and security.
Tsunami™ GX-810 is a high speed licensed Point-to-Point (PtP) microwave product capable of operating in 6, 11, 18 or 23 GHz licensed bands with more than 700 Mbps aggregate throughput. It supports an array of user configurable channel bandwidths ranging from 7 to 60 MHz and hitless automatic modulation up to QAM 256. It also introduces a new set of security features and can combine two IDU for redundancy or aggregation purpose.
Tsunami™ GX-810 has an extremely small foot print and is designed with a split-mount architecture which consists of a compact Indoor Unit (IDU) and an Outdoor Unit (ODU) that is snap to install and maintain.
Tsunami™ GX-810 over achieved Tsunami GX-800 performance.
• QAM 256 modulation with 60 MHz channel provides up to 730 Mbps throughput.
• True 2+0 IDU aggregation doubles Ethernet capacity and delivers up to 1 460 Mbps throughput.
• Four queues Quality of Services, based on physical port, 802.1p tag or IP DiffServ, ensure optimized priority for all type of traffic.
• Up to 30 dBm transmit power reaches longer distance without the need of extra-large antennas.
Tsunami™ GX-810 is designed to provide un-interrupted services.
• 1+1 IDU protection in Hot Stand By (HSB), Spatial Diversity (SD) or Frequency Diversity (FD) mode ensures data delivery even in case of hardware failure
• Hitless Adaptive Modulation (ACM) optimized performance whatever the RF condition.
Tsunami™ GX-810 provides top security to ensure full protection of sensitive information.
• AES 128 encryption guaranties data confidentiality
• Secure management (https/SSL, telnet/SSH and SNMPv3) prevents unwanted configuration change.
• Four independent, over the air, Ethernet channel separates traffic from different sources.
Tsunami™ GX-810 advanced feature matches Operator requirements
• Jumbo Ethernet frame (up to 10k byte) seamlessly transports MPLS traffic
• SyncEthernet and IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) propagates network synchronization over the wireless backbone.
• External Multiplexer Module (EMM) offers additional E1/T1 (16 to 64) ports to fit network architecture.
Proxim Wireless WORP Sync
WORP Sync - The First Common Synchronization Technology
With the growing demand for outdoor wireless applications and limited license-free spectrum, there exists a clear and growing deficit of available interference-free frequencies. Large scale wireless Internet service providers (ISPs) and organizations with dense networks are compelled to reuse the limited available spectrum, often resulting in high self-interference, poor Quality of Service (QoS), and reduced throughput.
Proxim with its new WORP Sync feature helps overcome these challenges by allowing efficient collocation of more and more radios at a cell site. To understand how this is accomplished let us first take a look into synchronous absent aka asynchronous network topology.
Conversely, WORP Sync coordinates the transmit timing between all the BSUs within a network. The timing mechanism used as a clock for these synchronous networks is either a satellite signal or other clock sources such as ethernet synchronization modules. This ensures all BSUs within a geography where they may interfere with each other transmit and receive at the exact same time. This applies not only to BSUs on the same tower, but all BSUs within a given area that can potentially “hear” each other and hence improper timing can corrupt Tx and Rx data streams.
Proxim Product Families
Using a combination of WLAN, Wi-Fi Mesh, WiMAX and Point-to-Point backhaul technologies, Proxim enables a wide variety solutions. Proxim's end-to-end broadband wireless solutions and services have helped more than 235,000 customers around the world enable new applications, increase productivity, decrease expenses, gain operational flexibility and create new business opportunities.