BridgeWave Communications provides high-capacity microwave and millimeter wave backhaul and wireless connectivity solutions for operators, carriers, service providers, governments and private enterprise networks. With over 25,000 systems deployed in over 60 countries, the company’s innovative wireless solutions have been entrusted by customers all over the world to enable highly reliable and secure high-capacity and gigabit connectivity, while reducing operating costs relative to fiber and other land-based alternatives. Founded in 1999, BridgeWave is headquartered in San Diego, California.
BridgeWave Featured Products
As mobile data consumption increases exponentially, operators are looking for a backhaul solution that provides the lowest Total Cost of Ownership with the flexibility to easily scale to meet tomorrow's bandwidth demands. BridgeWave's Flex4G-5000 with support for backhaul capacity of up to 5.35 Gbps per radio. Flex4G-5000 ANSI operates in modulations to 64QAM to provide the highest system gain for an ultra-high capacity millimeter wave radio. Flex4G-5000 ANSI has been designed to alleviate the strain of backhaul connections by combining advanced radio and modem capabilities with carrier-grade 10G Ethernet, CPRI, and SONET/SDH features at the lowest total cost of ownership.
BridgeWave's highly integrated RF and spectrally efficient signal processing techniques provide for the longest link distances, while maintaining multi-gigabit speeds in narrow channel bandwidths. Further enabling future-proof transport, Flex4G-5000 allows operators to flexibly provision links across multiple network topologies including mixing Ethernet, CPRI, and SONET/SDH traffic.
Carrier Ethernet services are provided through the use of an integrated low-latency switch supporting jumbo frames and advanced Ethernet functionality including Quality of Service (QoS), VLAN support, Provider Bridge (Q-in-Q), Radio Link Aggregation (RLA) and Ethernet OAM management. Flex4G-5000 provides comprehensive timing support required for 4G/LTE deployments including Synchronous Ethernet and IEEE1588v2 with hardware-based timestamping for one-step or twostep clocks.
With low power consumption and PoE power along with direct DC power, Flex4G-5000 provides all of the above in an environmentally friendly, compact and lightweight, zero-footprint all-outdoor solution. Flex4G-5000 leverages BridgeWave's expertise in providing high reliability gigabit millimeter wave wireless solutions. BridgeWave has delivered tens of thousands of gigabit millimeter wave radios worldwide.
* 5.35 Gbps data rate per 1+0 radio and up to 10.7 Gbps per 2+0 radio
* Adaptive Code Modulation from BPSK through 64QAM
* 1000 MHz and 1250 MHz bandwidth support
* Highest bit/Hz spectral efficiency at the longest link distances
* Outstanding RF performance benefiting from highly integrated architecture
* LDPC FEC providing threshold improvement over other FEC technologies
* RF channel tuning across the entire 70/80 GHz band in 250 MHz steps
* Automatic Transmit Power Control
* Zero-footprint ODU with low power consumption and Power-over-Ethernet
* Carrier Ethernet services enabled via built-in low-latency switch
* Quality of Service (802.1p) traffic prioritization, VLAN (802.1q), Provider Bridge (Q-in-Q 802.1ad)
* Synchronous Ethernet per G.8261 and G.8262 and G.8264
* PTP per 1588v2 - Transparent, Boundary and Ordinary clock support
* Ethernet OAM support per 802.3ah, 802.1ag and Y.1731
* 1+0, 1+1 HSB, and 2+0 configuration support
* Radio Link Aggregation
* SONET/SDH & CPRI interfaces
GigE Link Analysis
How would you like to experience full-duplex, GigE wireless speeds?
Interested in learning more about highly reliable wireless transmission?
Think it’s going to be expensive?
Let us show you how these GigE bridges can seamlessly connect your facilities together, and provide you with highly reliable, interference-free transmission of your mission critical or revenue generating traffic.
BridgeWave's Free, No-Obligation Link Analysis is performed and supplied pursuant to the terms as outlined in our standard Channel Promise.
BridgeWave Product Families
BridgeWave's point-to-point high-capacity wireless solutions offer high performance, cost-effective alternatives to fiber circuits for mobile backhaul, service provider, network extensions, and government / municipal network applications.
BridgeWave's solutions provide fiber-equivalent connections between locations by transmitting data over microwave or millimeter wave frequencies at gigabit speeds with the advantage of add/drop data ports, and optional wire-speed AES encryption built-in. Our newest product family, FlexPort is designed for next generation network operators wanting a future-proof solution for migration to 4G networks.
BridgeWave's Advanced Features
- Simultaneous SDH/SONET + Ethernet Transmission (FlexPort80)
- Frequency Agile RF Tuning (FlexPort)
- Spectrally Efficient Modulation (FlexPort)
- Automatic Transmit Power Control (FlexPort80)
- 256-bit Built-in (optional) Advanced Encryption Standard: the strongest data encryption available for a secure wireless network
- AdaptRate™: BridgeWave's all-weather wireless gigabit technology for availability over multi-mile distances
- AdaptPath™: BridgeWave's technology for the highest performance and availability in any weather condition
- Embedded 10/100/1000 Ethernet Switch provides add/drop capabilities and detailed Ethernet port statistics
- Advanced Carrier Ethernet transport and management capabilities
BridgeWave's government acquisition contracts
BridgeWave supports the following government-wide acquisition contracts:
- GSA Schedule
- NASA SEWP III
- NIH ECS III
- US Communities
- IMOD teaming partner
BridgeWave's solutions are compliant with:
- Data Path IPv6
- Conforms to IMOD specifications
- FIPS-197 certified
- Section 508
- BAA / TAA Compliant
- JF-12 no. 9297